You already know that meth addiction can be devastating. What you may not realize is that help and hope are just a phone call away. At Blue Ridge Mountain Recovery Center, you can get the care that you need to live a healthy and satisfying life.
Learn More About the Treatment We offer for Meth Abuse
Methamphetamines are extremely potent stimulants that affect the central nervous system producing feelings of euphoria. Meth is developed from amphetamines and causes the individual to experience increased self-confidence and inflated self-esteem. Although meth initially provides a user with pleasurable experiences over a period of time, serious negative effects begin to set in. Prolonged meth abuse creates a tolerance and an addict needs to use more and more of this substance in order to get the euphoria feelings they first experienced. The desire to once again feel those pleasurable effects and avoid the unpleasantness of withdrawal is what keeps an individual coming back for more.
At Blue Ridge Mountain Recovery Center we know how easy it can be to get trapped in the vicious cycle of addiction. The compassionate staff at our peaceful rehab center are here to help you break that cycle and learn to live a life free from meth. Our holistic treatment approach is designed to provide you with the most comprehensive care available in Georgia. We will make sure to address all of your needs whether they are spiritual, emotional, mental, physical, social, vocational, or legal we will do whatever we can to provide you with the support you need.
Blue Ridge understands that the idea of a residential treatment center may be scary for some. The idea of facing painful experiences and emotions you have been masking with meth for so long, or dealing with unpleasant withdrawal can be terrifying. We are here to put you at ease. The recovery process isn’t going to be easy, but we can promise you that at Blue Ridge you will not have to go through the process alone.
Why Seek Treatment at Blue Ridge?
At Blue Ridge, we know that individuals often want to get clean, but find themselves unable to do so since they have become dependent on the drug for so long. Methamphetamines come to affect every area of an individual’s life. Even though there comes a time when the substance provides no pleasurable effects what-so-ever, due to the fear of withdrawal coupled with the belief you won’t be able to function without it they still continue to use the substance.
At our treatment center, we understand the complex variables that maintain this addiction despite the negative aspects involved. We also understand that you may be feeling as if there’s something wrong with you since you are unable to stop taking a substance that is no longer providing benefits. At Blue Ridge in Georgia, we will help you understand the dynamics involved in addiction and help you better comprehend how the symptoms you are experiencing are the result of the drug’s effect on your brain.
Our caring, well-trained staff understands that many people are not sure they are ready to stop taking the drug and we are able to accept that point of view while helping you to overcome it. Essentially, we will start at whatever point you are at and provide you with the most effective rehab while supporting you in whatever manner you need.
Program Philosophy and Benefits
The main goal behind our rehab services at Blue Ridge is to strive to see every person as a unique individual. We look for your strengths and don’t just focus on your meth addiction symptoms. We get to know you as an entire person and provide holistic care for all areas of your life. We remain focused on the positive aspects of who you are and what you can bring to the rehabilitation process not only on what we can provide to you. Blue Ridge in Georgia will be there for you no matter what stage of recovery you are in and are dedicated to your progress. Not only will we be there for you when you’re at our treatment center, but will provide you with the best possible options for you to pursue post discharge.
Treatment for Methamphetamine Use at Blue Ridge
Methamphetamine addiction is a particularly difficult problem to treat. In addition to it often occurring with other substance use problems and psychiatric disorders which also need to be addressed, meth can result in both pleasant memories of the time when it was resulting in euphoria, a rush and positive mood states. However, at the current moment meth may be leading to irritability, moodiness, and wavering resistance to becoming fully committed to treatment. Blue Ridge is one of the few treatment centers in Georgia offering holistic care for those struggling with meth abuse. Treatment modalities we use to help challenge these beliefs and co-morbid issues include:
- Detox – For those who need detox, Blue Ridge has dedicated beds for this purpose.
- 12 Step Programs – While not actually a therapeutic approach, this support based abstinence focused group has been shown to help individuals during the rehab process for numerous substances including methamphetamine.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – The primary method we use to help dispel inaccurate beliefs or thoughts is CBT. This helps you recognize erroneous thoughts and replace them with correct ones. People with meth addiction often maintain thought patterns that permit the use of the substance by justifying it in various ways. Sometimes individuals may already be aware their thoughts aren’t entirely accurate but hold on to these ideas none-the-less to be able to hold out the possibility of using the drug again in the future as the thought of never taking it again is frightening. CBT combats these types of negative thought patterns by showing how different ways of thinking contributes to more positive emotions and behavior that results in more responsive reactions from others.
- Reality Based Therapy – The other main method of confronting individuals who are maintaining thoughts and ways of acting that are based on the effects of the substance is reality based therapy. This approach in rehab focuses on real life problems which are often first identified by challenging alternate definitions or explanations of problems. Once the actual problem has been determined the individual practices practical problem solving strategies through role plays or other exercises in a safe environment.
- Individual Therapy – We provide individual therapy to permit each individual one-on-one time with a therapist who can provide them with their undivided attention.
- Group therapy – Group sessions at our center include process groups and didactic topic focused education based groups.
- Family Visitation and Sessions – Family involvement is encouraged at Blue Ridge and family sessions are often held during scheduled visitation at our center in Georgia to help the family unit reintegrate by addressing any family system issues related to the individual’s meth abuse.
- Intensive Family Program – Family members are invited to Blue Ridge for an entire weekend to focus exclusively on providing them with support, information, and education as opposed to relegating them to a status secondary to the client. Process issues are subsequently worked on during family sessions.
Blue Ridge also provides other activities that are intended to contribute to the individual’s recovery but in a non-traditional and less structured manner. These options include:
- Recreational programming
- Art programming
- Spiritual Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Continuing Care – What Comes Next
At our treatment center we make sure we begin discharge planning as soon as possible. This speaks to our commitment to create the best disposition plan for your continued care. You will be included in all decisions and plans regarding your continued care, all which are made in advance to make all upcoming transitions as smooth as possible. An outpatient option like Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) or an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) may be recommended to provide the most support and services available while still allowing you to seek care in an outpatient setting. You and your treatment team may decide that you are ready to be discharged home. If this is your next step we will provide you with community resources in Georiga or elsewhere where you can go to get continued support.
Regardless of what option is decided upon we will make sure to start working with you on the transition as early as possible to make for a seamless move to your new program.